Our mission at tinyHappy is to simply enjoy every day with our students! Through our passion for knowledge and life we hope to evoke a love of learning; encouraging each child to develop to their greatest potential – socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, creatively, and spiritually.
At school children learn to build strong friendships, care for each other and their classroom, and develop independence. Storytelling, finger plays, and rhymes encourage a love of language, enhance listening ability, and develop motor skills. When working with students older and younger than themselves, children can develop self-confidence and essential social skills through cooperation rather than competition. By exploring other countries and experiencing their rich culture, we gain acceptance of others who are different from ourselves – inspiring us to become peaceful, global citizens.
In our bright, spacious classrooms thematic material is placed on low, open shelves so that students may independently select activities that spark their interest. During our work cycles, children have ample time to work with the materials at their own pace. Having the freedom to select one’s own work builds a solid foundation for independence, inner discipline, decision making and concentration. At tinyHappy we recognize that education is an on-going process; we never truly stop learning; we are all students and we are all teachers. With this in mind, the staff at tinyHappy Garden strive to:
- Create a strong partnership with parents in the education of their children We document each day, taking notes and photographs so that parents can understand what their child is learning and how they can help guide this process.
- Educate the whole child (spirit, heart and mind), awakening imagination, wonder, and joy in ways that allow each child to explore all forms of self-expression through art and language Each month teachers rotate shelf materials to fit the changing theme and needs of the class. Based on monthly themes teachers will prepare art and sensorial experiences.
- Foster open minds, compassion, courtesy and respect for others Everyday kindness and courtesy are vital practical life skills. Even the youngest child is treated with dignity and respect.
- Encourage each child’s self-motivation and self-discipline that will lead to a life-long pursuit of knowledge
- Help each child learn how to observe, question, and explore ideas independently
- Help each child develop a positive self-image and instill in each child a sense of duty and personal responsibility for the world in which we live
Learning how to work and play together with others in a peaceful, caring community is perhaps the most important life skill that we can impart to our children. tinyHappy Garden is like an extended family, where the children learn to take care of themselves and each other. We encourage the elder children to develop awareness of the younger children’s needs as they are looked up to as role models.
- Create a peaceful world by first learning how to create a peaceful classroom
Children normally find it difficult to express their feelings. Teaching peace involves finding a way to appreciate our differences and work together.
- Maintain tinyHappy Garden as a place that every child looks forward to coming to every day
Take time to read…
it is the foundation of knowledge.
Take time to think…
it is the source of power.
Take time to help and enjoy friends…
it is the source of happiness.
Take time to laugh…
it is the singing that helps with life’s loads.
Take time for beauty…
it is everywhere in nature.
Take time for health…
it is the true wealth and treasure of life.
Take time to love…
it is the one sacrament of life.
Take time to dream…
it hitches the soul to the stars.
Take time to work…
it is the price of success.
Take time to play…
it is the secret of youth.